Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thank You, Again


Author’s Note: Reading this, you will find out my prediction to “Thank you, Ma’am” by Langston Hughes. Describing my thoughts of what will come to be.
Later on in life I believe that Roger and Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones will later on in life meet each other again. When this happens Roger will pay her back the money she gave him and since she will be very old, he will act upon her being his mom that needs help. All because she told him that she was going to treat him like a son, which is why he would want to be a son to her in the future.
 The reason why I think that this will happen is because when Mrs. Jones said "Goodnight! Behave yourself, boy." He would have realized that behaving himself is as well as helping out her for giving him money for shoes and food to eat. Also when Roger said "Thank you, ma'am" he really meant it and probably wanted her to be thankful, which is why later on they see one another again and he is giving thanks back to her for showing him the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I love your title, and I like how you got right to the prediction, and explained it very well!

    ReplyDelete